Use the tips below in a variety of NCSAM communications:
- Set strong passwords. Make them long and complex, change them regularly, and don’t share them with anyone.
- Secure your most sensitive accounts. When it is available, use multi-factor authentication to keep your accounts more secure.
- Keep a Clean Machine. Keep your operating system, browser, and other critical software optimized by installing updates regularly.
- Maintain an open dialogue. Talk with your family, friends, and community about Internet safety.
- Limit what you share. Consider what personal information you share online, and use privacy settings to avoid sharing information widely.
- Don’t believe everything you read. Be cautious about what you receive or read online—if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
Learn about NCSAM at www.dhs.gov/national-cyber-security-awareness-month